Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Initially

English Teaching and Technology! I somehow think that we won't be able to avoid doing some fascinating things here. Encarta and Microsoft Word are nothing new; hypertext fiction, interactive virtual environments, online games, wikis, blogs, and teaching websites are something else again. Exploiting these things for the instruction of English is--aside from being something I wish I'd had access to as part of my own education--certainly something I would gladly attempt to further. The use of MMO-type games such as Second Life for this is particularly fascinating to me.

My website is up at http://www.kiolia.com/teach now; after coming up with my idea for navigating the site I felt it would be fastest for me to code it up from scratch in Notepad, so I did. I'm still working on learning Dreamweaver. I also need to get some new FTP software; I've been going through my hosting's upload interface, which is nowhere close to as fast to work with, especially for putting up a whole site in one sitting.

2 comments:

rob gardella said...

Dude, your art is amazing!

Allen Webb said...

I am, of course, interested to learn how you are beginning to think of integrating some of these ideas into teaching you would do yourself...