Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Digital Storytelling

After a good deal of waffling on a suitable topic, here is my first (serious) attempt at digital storytelling. I wound up choosing to tell about the 6 weeks of childcare I did last summer in Montana largely because I had enough pictures to make it work. Trying to fit into the legal 30-seconds-or-less frame for music meant doing some ad-hoc looping, but I think it worked out all right. I felt a lot of limitations working with Windows Movie Maker on this; I've worked a lot with Vegas for video editing prior to now, but since I don't have access to that any more I had to make do, and frankly I was left wanting for flexibility. I wish I had more time to fuss with the iMovie software...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love it! There was something very easy and relaxing about watching your movie. It really had that home-movie feel to it, which made it very enjoyable.